Sunday, January 8, 2012

The First Steps - Walking With You

http://blog.sufficientgraceministries.org/category/walking-with-you/

I went into premature labor with Alyssa at 22 weeks. I was in labor 30 hours, and at the beginning we had hope that labor would stop and I would stay in the hospital for the rest of my pregnancy on bed rest. My water had broke, I developed an infection, and my labor never stopped.

With David I found out when I was 27 weeks along that he had a heart problem. I laid on the ultrasound table and wept as the doctor told us something was wrong. "I told you this would happen, you're diabetic, this is all your fault." were her exact words. I remember telling myself I would never, ever come back to this doctor's office no matter what. The next 9 weeks were the longest of my life. We moved to be near the children's hospital David would be at, we were told that with surgery David would live, but that we still had to see what all was wrong when he was born. We were prepared, and so hopeful.

7 comments:

brigette said...

thanks for the comment on my blog I will be following your journey as well. Im sorry we had to meet in this way. Hugs mama

Kelly @ Sufficient Grace Ministries said...

Oh Nikki....the words of that doctor were beyond cruel. I cannot imagine the pain of lying on that table and hearing such ugliness when you are at your most vulnerable...after already hearing a heartbreaking diagnosis about your child. I'm so sorry...

Thank you for joining in with us, and I hope you find a bit of comfort in knowing you're not alone as we take these steps.

Praying God's peace and comfort for you this week...

Molly King said...

It's horrible that you had to deal with such a cruel person at such a horrible moment. Praying for you!

Alison said...

I'm here from Walking with You...I'm so very sorry for your losses. It is hard enough to cope with the reality of a negative diagnosis, but when doctors are cruel it's even worse.

The Rodgers Family said...

There are some doctors that can be so heartless...so harsh sometimes. That upset me to read about this doctor in your post! I am so sorry. This is such a difficult journey...having doctors like that on top of it is horrible. Thank you for sharing your story today... I look forward to hearing more....

Unknown said...

I am so sorry you had to endure such a doctor as well as the diagnosis of your son. Thank you for sharing your journeys.

Holly said...

I'm so sorry for what you have endured and for the horrible words the dr said to you, which are so very untrue! Thank you so much for joining in