We saw the heart doctor today and let me say he was the best doctor to date! I was so grateful at how patient, and willing to explain everything to us he was. Here are the new updates -
1. I will have to deliver in Kansas City, and the doctor agreed we should move as soon as possible to start care up there.
2. At this point David's diagnosis is Tetralogy of Fallot, pulmonary stenosis, and ventricular septal defect. This can change when he is born and they can get better images of his heart. It's closely related to DORV, and no matter what the diagnosis the only outcome is surgery.
3. Depending on David's condition when he is born there are 2 possible ways to go. First is he has open heart surgery if he is stable and able to go through surgery and they think he can't wait. Second is that he has a minor surgery to put a shunt in his heart, and then at about 5-6 months old he has the open heart surgery to correct the problem.
The doctor made us feel reassured that David will make it through this! Yes, it's a long road ahead of us, lots of hospital stays, lots of worrying...but he is going to make it. CONTINUE TO PRAY FOR HIM!
So now I am trying to come up with as many ideas on fund raisers, etc., to help us get the money to move to Kansas City. Any and all ideas are greatly appreciated! Any donations, large or small will help us more than you can imagine. I don't know how I could ever repay any of you who decide to donate, but you will be in my prayers and when I win the lotto you will be the first on my list of pay-backs! If it were only that easy...
We still need your prayers and support, I will start to update more frequently on this page so you can get to know us better before David arrives :)