Friday, April 17, 2009

Wedding Anniversary...


Today is our one year wedding anniversary! I can't believe a year has gone by since we said our vows. Now, Chris and I have been together for the majority of nine years. I was pregnant with Alyssa when we decided to get married. It was all for you baby girl, Daddy and Mommy wanted to show you how much we loved each other. So today I thank you Alyssa, Mommy's baby girl...for bringing me and Daddy closer.

We had decided to get married when I was pregnant. I was planning the big wedding, had put a deposit on a location and everything. When Alyssa was born early our lives changed. We were devestated. I couldn't think of the big wedding without her, so much of it had been planned around us having a baby who would be about a month old at the time we said our vows.

So I sold our location to another couple and we were married at a chapel close to home. It was just us, Nadine, my brother and sister in law as witnesses, and my niece. It was a glass chapel in the woods, and the most beautiful scenery I had ever seen.

Even though I didn't get the big wedding I once dreamed of, I got the wedding my heart desired. Just me and my love in a ceremony that was personal, something we shared with just a few people. I will forever cherish those moments.

So today I think of all that I am blessed with by being Chris' wife. He truly is the love of my life, the best thing that has ever happened to me. He gave me the best gifts of all...my babies...by bringing me Nadine...and by blessing me with having David and Alyssa for the time we did. I love you Christopher.

And to my precious children in Heaven, Mommy loves you and misses you everyday.

3 comments:

Michele said...

Happy Anniversary! That's wonderful!

Suzie said...

Happy Anniversary. Here is to many, many more years!

Tammy On the Go said...

Congrats!