Sunday, February 22, 2009

Happy 1st Birthday in Heaven Alyssa...





HAPPY 1ST BIRTHDAY IN HEAVEN BABY GIRL

Dear Alyssa,

Mommy misses you so much. I promise not to make this post sad, because today is your day baby girl. You are a year old in Heaven! You tell your Grandpa to take you and your baby brother and have a big party with all the people up there who love you. And there are lots of them! Besure to invite the babies (your friends Nicholas, Sophia, and Alexander...and your cousin Jacob...and even your Uncle Leslie).

A year ago today I laid in a hospital bed, scared, praying with all my might that you wouldn't come on this day. I wanted you to wait a lil longer so you could grow big and strong. But God had other plans, and now I see he spared you of the pain and suffering of this world. He loved you so much he took you home to be with Him. I say this and I believe it, but today is a very hard day for Mommy so please angel watch over me.

I'll never forget when you were born and I heard you cry. It was my secret for months, before I told anyone I had heard you. I didn't want to share it, I didn't want anyone but me to know your precious lil cry. When the nurses handed you to me you were so small, I was so scared. I didn't know how to hold you and all I wanted to do was see your face. Of course, it was already obvious you looked just like Daddy!

You had the prettiest long fingers I had ever seen. I couldn't stop looking at them, stroking them, holding them. Even though you were small, just one pound, you were so beautiful. You were just too tiny. Everything about you was perfect to me and Daddy. Nadine loved you so much too, and misses you everyday.

We are having a celebration for you today. Just me, Daddy, and Nadine. I'm making you a Disney Princess cake and we have some decorations :) I love you with all my heart, with more love than I could ever imagine having for anyone. Please watch over you baby brother David, keep him close and always stay together.

Happy 1st Birthday Princess Alyssa...

3 comments:

Karin said...

Happy Birthday. Please please watch over your mom this has been so hard for her and I know every day will continue to be a struggle. We miss and love you with all of our heart. Happy Birthday Alyssa!

Michele said...

Happy Birthday, Alyssa! We are thinking of you and holding you close to our hearts today.

Donna said...

Happy Birthday Alyssa! And big ((HUGS)) to your Mommy and Daddy too!